My Family in Photos

We received 120 incredible photos from Drew Logan Photography and somehow I managed to narrow it down to 15 favourites.

Since a picture says a thousand words I'll keep this post brief and only say that while the photos may look like we're the happiest family in the world we actually do have our fair share of tantrums, milk vomit, blow out moments, toddler peeing and pooing where ever there's a patch of grass and the feeling as though we're running on empty. everyday.

The morning of this photoshoot I very nearly called Drew to cancel. Cyril was hysterical and even though I selected his favourite outfit for these photos he decided that because he didn't pick them out himself he would throw them down the stairs, scream at the top of his lungs and put on his striped dinosaur shirt and bright blue sweatpants. I let him scream about it while I attempted to put on my make-up. However, every time I ignored his outburst he took it upon himself to push over his sister who was already feeling fragile because Mummy was doing her make-up instead of giving her cuddles. Josh was frantically ironing all of our clothes on the floor, because we don't actually own an ironing board, all the while trying to keep Cyril from burning himself. Finally ten minutes before we were set to leave I convinced Cyril to get dressed, at which point I strapped him and his screaming sister into their car seats and ran inside to get myself dressed and put a coat of mascara on. We then ran around the house like chickens with our heads cut off packing our day bag.

When we arrived at Lowther castle we realised we forgot to put any footwear in the car for Cyril and didn't pack a sweater for Sage. Fortunately 30 minutes into the shoot the sun was shining brightly and we were actually hot so neither child got hypothermia. Halfway into the shoot I realised I didn't pack enough snacks as this was the only way we could bribe Cyril to cooperate. No joke we planted his banana amongst the daffodils and told him he had to run and get it so Drew could capture him running through the flowers.

Despite all of the above I really do feel these photos are worth every penny. Even though some of these photos are staged we do have a million moments like these as a family. When you're living in the moment you don't want to be stuck behind a lens and when you're the one always taking the photos you quickly realise that you don't have any special photos with your children.

I've always loved photographs. My parents laugh about how much I loved having my picture taken as a child. I was always the one scouring the photobooks completely fascinated by baby pictures, old photos of grandparents, my parents wedding and to this day I would fill my house with family photos before I hung anything else on the walls. When I see an old photo the memories come flooding back to me, it's like being frozen in time. Now it's time to finish the family album I've been working on for a year.



Might just be my favourite family photo ever

The light, Cyril grabbing Sage, daffodils, what's not to love?


Two parents smiling, two children frowning, just about sums it up ;)

Cutest little lady ever

I found the banana!

Clap your hands Sagey then I'll push you over.

Melting our hears since 2016.











This is us acting natural, Sage's face is priceless!



Kisses!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!