You're Pregnant!


After 6 months of trying I discovered that we were finally pregnant on June 29, 2013!  Which means the baby was conceived on our second anniversary in Devon.  I had my suspicions when I was long-boarding, and began to feel nauseous, that something besides the ocean might be causing me to feel ill.

On the first day I possibly could, I woke up and took the only pregnancy test I had left, the cheap one from the co-op pharmacy.  When I first looked down I only saw one line and thought, "Not pregnant, again, ugh." However, after reading through the instructions for the test, I realised that you were supposed to wait 3 minutes to read the result.  I ran back into the bathroom to find 2 lines!  I was ecstatic but had to come up with a cute way to tell Josh before he woke up for work.  Fortunately, it was 4:30 in the morning so I had an hour and a half to come up with something and clearly I was too excited to go back to sleep!



On my walk with Hobson I came up with the idea to include the dog, after all he was an attendant at our wedding, why not involve him when telling his Papa the news we'd been waiting so long for.  I decided to use one of the free cards I got from the Red Cross, sorry, and write a little note as if Hobson wrote it and then stick it in his collar.  (Due date no longer correct)


Let's just say that Hobson was NOT impressed with having a rigid card sticking out of his collar.  After he scratched it out 3 times I decided to tighten the collar so it would stay in,  I laughed the whole way upstairs at how ridiculous he looked.  I then opened the shutters and said, "Hobson has a surprise for you!"


Well one thing is for sure, Hobson was relieved to have that "bloody" card out from around his neck and Josh, in his half dazed state, was very happy, although I think he was a bit out of it so didn't have quite the reaction that I did when I found out.


Time for a new chapter in our lives and the flat stomach you see in this photo no longer exists.  Those adorable skinny pink corduroys have been neatly packed away in my pre-pregnancy box. In fact every article of clothing I am wearing in this photo has been packed away and I'm desperately hoping that post-birth I will be able to bring that box back out in time for Summer.



Stay tuned for more up-to-date information.  I decided to become a blogger late in the game but wanted to make sure that this first moment was recorded :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!