Bad Ass Baby Soper

                                  VS             This Rad Hat                                These Bodysuits
                        I think the decision is obvious                              
While perusing several "baby friendly" websites to get an idea of what the little guy might need once he is born I came to the conclusion that cute bad ass boys clothes are few and far between.  I would call Josh over to have a look at a few potentials, and his response was always "Eh, not really bad ass enough for our child, don't they have any surfy stuff."  I always commented about how many adorable and stylish options there were for girls but how the boys department never stacked up, I mean grown up men wear fashionable clothes and they're not all baby blue with donkeys and giraffes all over the place.  I know it's a baby, but come on people, no child of mine is going to be caught dead in this I'm Cute Dinosaur Romper.  So I continued my search, typing in surf clothing UK and various other surf companies that I am familiar with, only to find out that in the UK, cute baby surf clothing looks like this, which doesn't exactly scream "bad ass" or surf for that matter.  Just because it says surf on the shirt doesn't classify it as something a future professional surfer would wear.

And then a lightbulb went off, why not check the surf brands in the USA.  I know from personal experience that the surf shops in California were stacked with adorable  bad ass baby clothing so it must exist somewhere.  I began my search at Quiksilver and hallelujah I came up with something!

I don't know about you but this Baby Chomp Chomp is something both Josh and I can live with.  And how adorable  totally rad is Baby Gimmie That Bodysuit.  So on that note I'll leave you with this:
Any other suggestions for brands that carry rad clothing, accessories, or footwear please let me know because Quiksilver only has so much for babies, although as the little peanut becomes a toddler I think I'll be shopping there for him exclusively, he'll be a miniature version of his Papa, but hopefully a little bit tidier ;)

Comments

  1. This is hilarious! And as I'm up too early because my baby boy is hungry, I'll chime in. First, there is so much more cure stuff for girls than boys. That's for sure! Second, buy some baby stuff that fits your style but when it comes to onesies you'll find that all brands don't stack up comfort wise. For example, don't buy any onesies with tags. What baby comes out of the warn, comfy womb and wants and itchy tag scratching their neck that they can't tell you about? And the comfort/quality of a thicker, softer Carter's onesie far surpasses that of almost any other brand we've found (and there is a difference between real Carter's and the step down brands they sell for Walmart/Target). Also, for the first six months you're going to want lots of bibs to cover up the cute/bad ass shirts you find because babies spit up all day, every day. If quick silver has bibs you like, stock up on them. So even if your boy has a plain shirt on underneath it's covered by a surfer bib. And for the colder months, don't worry about what onesies they wear, find stylish sweatshirts that you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my phone so sorry about some weird word mistakes!

      Delete
    2. Considering you have an infant, I think I can forgive you for a few typos ;) Also, that is excellent advice coming from an excellent mother. After all, Baby Soper won't care if he's wearing a pink tutu as long as it's comfortable. And as Josh says, real men wear pink, haha. Great advice about the bibs as well, I had no idea they spit up all day, is it too late to go back? Just joking of course :) Most of the sweatshirts I see online are for 6 months and up, but I will look into the brand carter. Fortunately the little guy will be a summer baby but then again we do live in England so it wouldn't be unheard of for it to snow in the middle of summer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!