Whipped Grapefruit Mint Sugar Scrub




With Valentine's Day on the way, and my friends celebrating their first year as parents, I decided this would be a delicious treat to whip up as a way of saying thank you for being there for baby Soper and I this past year. I don't think we would have survived without your unconditional support, offers to babysit, free cups of tea and cake, and nonstop chatter. 

I made this last week as an experiment and once I rubbed it into my hands I knew it was a winner. You're supposed to use it as a body scrub in the bath or shower but I have been using it as a lotion. My hands are horribly dry in the winter, having suffered many years with excema, and it's always a challenge for me to find a hand cream that works and doesn't have any harsh chemicals. This exceeds my expectations in both categories and is simple and inexpensive to make. Enjoy!

The scrub uses coconut oil as the main ingredient. I use coconut oil on a daily basis as a moisturiser and I've been told that it even has an SPF rating of 8 without all the nasty stuff added in. Remember your skin is a major organ and absorbs whatever you put on it and deposits it in the bloodstream so it's just as important to use clean products as it is to eat clean food.
The sugar is used to exfoliate, and the peppermint and grapefruit oils will leave you feeling energised not to mention you'll smell amazing after using this! 
I bought a tiny bottle of beet juice to get the pink colour, you only need a small amount as it goes a long way.
It's best to use this scrub in the morning because peppermint and grapefruit are wake me up oils, also remember to scrub gently.
Keep Scrub refrigerated and covered or it will feel a little dry when you use it.

For the full recipe head over to The Kitchen McCabe

*Photo taken from http://thekitchenmccabe.com/2014/02/21/whipped-grapefruit-mint-sugar-scrub/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper