Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!



Well life just seems to be getting ahead of us at the moment.  I swear I need another full day every week just to get caught up on the growing list of things I need/want to do before Baby Soper arrives.

Technically I was 19 weeks last Friday but Josh and I have been far too busy, and with the nights closing in on us we had to move the chalkboard photography indoors, otherwise I would have taken my 19 weeks photo this weekend, outdoors, but then I would have already been 20 weeks!

ABOUT ME

How far along? 19 weeks and 6 days
Total weight gain/loss? From 133 (pre-pregnancy) to 141 for a total of 8 pounds!
Maternity clothes? Yes and no.  Maternity clothes are more comfortable but I still fit into some of my pre-pregnancy outfits. The skinny pink corduroys are a definite no no however, and so is my itty bitty bikini, which means I'll be wearing a maternity bikini in Tenerife and looking like a beached whale!
Stretch Marks? Thankfully those haven't appeared yet
Sleep? Still waking up to pee in the night but only 1 time/night now and I have the zombie walk pretty much down. This consists of me walking through the construction zone, to the toilet, with my eyes closed and my hands out in front of me desperately hoping I don't bang into the door that was left open once!  I'm also still adjusting to sleeping on my side so there's a lot of tossing and turning, poor Joshy!
Best Moments this Week? Going swimming with Eli, Bea, Marilyn, Josh and Jess and then having a lovely decaffinated white chocolate mocha, with whip, from Starbucks afterwards with everyone plus Nick, Sally and little Bronnie.  It was lovely having girl talk.  Oh, and I almost forgot we bought our new Aga!! It's a 5 oven dual control and we got a free refrigerator with it.  Now we just need a kitchen floor and it can be installed.
Miss Anything? Santa Barbara, friends from CA and MA, family, and having a warm house. When I'm really cold I just dream of my parents house and snuggling up by the fire while a pie bakes in the kitchen and the snow falls softy outside.  I had a nervous breakdown on Tuesday over the state of the house, I think I cried enough to fill a pint glass and poor Josh, who had a good day at work for once, had to pick up all the pieces when he walked through the door.  He did make a fire for me, and thaw out some ice cream, but at first I think it was too much for even him to handle, let's just say I completely ruined our lovely dinner.
Movement? Yes, the baby doesn't really stop moving anymore!  We had a quiet morning last weekend and even Josh could feel the baby kicking away, so exciting and reassuring to know that the little one is there.
Food Cravings? Juice, nachos, cereal, fruit, spinach and artichoke dip, Kraft macaroni and cheese, maple candy, milk, yogurt, and Cornish pasties!
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? Meat, chicken wings, roast veggies, gravy, stuffing, and I'm not too keen on bread yet, with the exception of squash rolls, yum!
Gender Prediction? Boy
Labour signs? No
Symptoms? Headaches, crying a lot, getting full quickly and then feeling sick afterwards, sleepy, back pain.
Belly button in or out? In, but not as much as normal
Wedding rings on or off? Still on :) They'll have to pry them off of my fingers get too swollen.
Happy or moody most of the time? Mostly happy but the state of the house sends me into depression and then I start missing my old home which makes me more sad and Josh upset. He keeps calling me a pessimist :( which makes it worse again!
Looking forward to: Getting the kitchen finished so we can install our Aga.  Also, very excited for the 20 week scan and to find out the gender next week!

Comments

  1. I love reading this!
    Did Josh tell you that I found mac and cheese at booths. It's Kraft, in a red box, in the Italian section, but it's exactly the same.. Without the horrible food colourings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, I've never been a blogger but I've been trying to keep a journal throughout the pregnancy and this is way more fun than handwriting everything :)
    Josh did tell me about the mac and cheese at Booths, in fact we're driving there tonight after work to do some grocery shopping so I will definitely pick up a box. Although, I'm pretty sure my mom is sending me a couple boxes when she ships my camera! I'm sure I will have it once, it'll make me feel sick, and then I'll never want to eat it again, haha. That happened with Nando's last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were redoing almost all of the floors in our house when I was 8-9 months pregnant with Taylor. It nearly drove me crazy. I love how that little belly is finally starting to pop! Too bad you're so far away or I would give you all of my maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make such a cute pregnant person - I was like a galleon in full sail - even when the babies where only 6 pounders :( Perhaps it was the clothes - although as Josh told Jess - it's not the dress that's making you look fat.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about being cute, I told Josh that my bum is getting as big as my bump, his response, "Getting?" The next time I brought it up and asked him if it was growing he decided not to comment knowing that either way he would be in trouble :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper