Baby Soper's First Scan :)

Below is my last outdated post and then I'll get things updated :)



Josh and I had our first scan on August 27th.  As it turns out, and Sally suggested, I dated the baby's age incorrectly.  Baby Soper was actually 13 weeks and 2 days old at the scan and not 12 weeks which explained why my little bump came earlier than expected.  This moved the due date to March 1st.  Also, we were relieved to find out that we were NOT having twins :)

Baby Soper is quite the gymnast, in fact he/she did not sit still during the entire scan and enjoyed doing back flips, twists, and turns for our entertainment.  The midwife said that he/she was making her exhausted and that she didn't usually see such active babies.  Everything went well with the scan.  After she completed it I asked her if the baby had a heartbeat.  Her response, "Of course it does, you don't see babies doing back flips like that without one!"  At one point the baby put both feet squarely on the wall of my uterus and pushed off to do a full back flip, I actually felt that movement so am not sure how I'll feel once the baby is big and can really give me a good kick.  It looks like we might be having an Eli and not a Bronwen.  For those of you who don't know, Eli is our very active nephew, and Bronwen is our very content niece.

Gender guesses anyone?  I think it's a boy.  Apparently there is something called the nib theory that can help you predict the gender based on your 12 week scan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper