24 Weeks



How far along? 24 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain/loss? I'm not sure, no scales in Tenerife ;)
Maternity clothes? Yes but my pre maternity bikinis still fit just fine.
Stretch Marks? Not yet, still slathering on my Mama Mio 
Sleep? I find it very difficult to only sleep on my side so I asked the midwife if I could sleep on my back and was relieved to find out that it's not the end of the world if you wake up and find yourself on your back. She said if I was compressing the vein that provides oxygen to the baby I would wake up feeling sick and dizzy. She also suggested putting a pillow just slighly under the side of my hip to elevate the uterus slightly so that there isn't a risk of compressing the vein/artery, or whatever it is that gets compressed, when you're on your back.
Best Moment this Week? Making the best guacamole I've had since leaving Santa Barbara. All the ingredients I bought were local to the canaries and tasted incredible. It was also amazing to wake up on Monday morning and not be sick! 
Worst Moment this Week?  Getting food poisoning from what I think was the guacamole :(  I'm now refusing to eat anymore guacamole or avocados while I am here.  No one else got sick but they say you're 20 times more likely to get food poisoning when you're pregnant.  It was the worst illness of my life.  Not only was it horrendous to be sick when you already have a stretched belly, but I couldn't help but worry about my little boy and blame myself for not being more careful with food hygiene. Fortunately, or unfortunately for me, he kicked the entire day and night that I was sick so I knew he was OK.  However, those kicks didn't make me feel all that great.
Miss Anything? Hobson! We're in Tenerife on holiday for 2 weeks, the weather is incredible, the ocean is 75 degrees, and it's lovely to eat all three meals outdoors!  The only thing missing from the holiday is our little furry child who's being taken care of in rainy England.
Movement? Yes. However, the first night in Tenerife baby boy didn't kick at all, which is very unusual.  By 11 the next morning I texted Josh because he still hadn't kicked, also unusual. Josh just said, "He's on holiday. Have a coffee and a chocolate bar, that'll get him kicking." It's good that one of us doesn't panic about everything. Anyway the coffee and chocolate still didn't work but about 2 hours later he started kicking and hasn't really stopped since. In fact, I think he's moving more than ever! If I drink something with ice it usually gets him moving.
Food Cravings?  I don't really have any cravings. I do however enjoy a Ritter Sport after dinner.
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? Well the past 2 days everything made me sick apart from plain toast and ginger ale. Now that I've recovered I am not at all in the mood for meat or guacamole and salsa. Which means I'm back to eating children's foods.
Gender? Boy
Labour signs? No
Symptoms?  Backache.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or moody most of the time?  HAPPY!
Looking forward to: Using my surf mat in the ocean and 7 more days of pure relaxation in the gorgeous sunshine :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper