Nursery Colours

It's official, Josh and I have selected the colours we want for the nursery.  We were back and forth for a while, or should I say I was back and forth, as Josh usually just lets me do whatever I want when it comes to such things.  However, he did have one request that he was adamant about, NO BABY BLUE!  This colour is Manchester City's colours, and as a Manchester United fan, there was no way it was going to make it as the predominant colour in our nursery.  Considering the limited options in bedding for baby boys, I actually found this to be a difficult request.  Initially I decided on navy blue and red, and Josh was satisfied with that.  However, I kept thinking how nautical and preppy it was, two things that don't exactly scream Joshua and Tatiana, never mind their future surfer dude.  Then I remembered that I wanted to put this nursing chair I re-upholstered traditionally in baby boy's room.


After all, I did put a lot of work into recovering this and I was going to make damn well sure that it got used for nursing.  Thus, the colours were born, we have decided on grey and yellow.

For some other grey and yellow ideas check out my pinterest board by clicking here.

My dilemma about the bedding still existed however.  I loved this bedding by Pottery Barn Kids but since it had flowers in the design it really was made for a girl's room.

Then, Josh mentioned that we do run a major textile business, which prints thousands of designs and fabrics everyday, and that I could choose any design I wanted and he could have a small run of it put on cotton percale and then have the sewing room make me a fitted sheet.

In essence, I no longer have to worry about the bedding, I'll just have it made at work, which is a huge savings to us! I'll also make a patchwork quilt to match, can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper