31 Weeks



How far along? 31 weeks, I meant to do a 30 week post but Christmas morning ended up being more hectic than I had anticipated and by the time we returned home, and to the chalkboard, I was already 30 weeks and 6 days so I just decided to skip a week.
Total weight gain/loss? 21+ pounds, I'm a little afraid to get on the scale after all of the lovely treats I had in Edinburgh and around Christmas, no food aversions here!
Maternity clothes? Yes, unless the item is already stretchy and has a high spandex content. In fact, some of my maternity clothes are getting a little tight around the midsection, and since I'll be helping launch Jess's brand in Paris in January, I had to purchase a couple stretchy black dresses because there is no way I can squeeze into my pre-pregnancy ones. In fact, I nearly bust the zipper trying and Josh had to assist me with getting the dress off. He made the comment that he used to help take my dresses off but for an entirely different, and more romantic, reason! 
Stretch Marks? I still can't see any. However, the other night Josh looked at me and said, "Look, you have the start of your first stretch mark!" I didn't share this excitement and began frantically pulling up my belly to see if there really was one there to which he pointed out that if I stretched my belly it disappeared. So I ran up to the bathroom mirror to do a full examination to no avail. He then later said that perhaps it was just a mark that my clothes left on my stomach. Either way, since they're not visible to me I would say, no I don't have any yet.
Sleep? It's acctually pretty good. However, in Edinburgh the baby kicked me so hard for about 10 minutes that I literally had stomach cramps, that wasn't fun. I'm also no longer capable of using my abs to help me get out of bed so I usually have to do a fire roll onto the floor. I'm also becoming quite accostomed to an afternoon nap :)
Best Moment this Week? There were so many but I have to admit my favourite time this week was spent in Edinburgh with Josh and Hobson. We stayed in the most amazing hotel, Hobson was an angel, and we had some incredible meals out. We also saw A Christmas Carol at a really old theatre and visited the Christmas markets where Josh enjoyed  mulled cider and the baby and I had hot apple juice, yum! Unfortunately, we had such a nice time that I didn't take any photos!! It also poured buckets one day when we were out and I was too afraid to use the camera, oh well, next time. Another of my favourite moments was doing nothing on Christmas Eve, OK, hardly anything. We got back from Edinburgh around 4, Josh started the fire and then we both started preparing food for the next day. I made homemade chollah loaf, for our chollah french toast on Christmas morning, and Josh worked on his shortcrust pastry for his carmelised onion and cheese pie that we were taking to Sally's parents for their Christmas party. While those dishes were proving/cooking we watched A National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and I knit. It was extremely relaxing. We had planned this whole meal for Christmas Eve and in the end just decided to have an epic cheese plate consisting of various cheeses we bought from an adorable cheese shop in Edinburgh, it was pure pregnancy bliss!
Worst Moment this Week?  Not seeing my family for Christmas and picking up Hobson's vomit on the carpet, OK that was Josh's worst moment, I didn't go anywhere near the vomit.
Miss Anything? Being able to squeeze in-between two parked cars. For some reason I still have it in my head that my girth is the same so I attempt to squeeze by in narrow spaces only to realise that I usually end up wedged and when I finally manage to come out the other side my belly has usually acted as a dust rag and I need to immediately change my shirt. I also miss tying my shoes, I can still manage on my own but it is quite the battle with my new vans so Josh has taken over that role.
Movement? Yes, he likes to stick one part of his body into my right side, I've been trying to make out which part of his body it is. I've narrowed it down to elbow, knee, foot, or head, I suppose that's not really narrowing it down but it is fun to play with him. Usually, I poke it and he removes it and then puts it back again.
Food Cravings?  Nothing in particular
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? No, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment!

Gender? Boy
Labour signs? Just a few practice contractions here and there but otherwise nothing.
Symptoms?  Going to the bathroom every 5 seconds, lower back pain, and fatigue. I'm also pretty hungry every 2-3 hours but I can't consume a large portion in one sitting because space is limited.
Belly button in or out? I'd say it's 50/50 at the moment.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy, but I've been a bit short tempered with Josh.
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery set-up during our time off this week



Chalkboard idea and pregnancy questions came from littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper