35 Weeks


How far along? 35 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain/loss? 28 pounds but some days it feels like 50!
Maternity clothes? Yes, but I wish they made shoes specifically for pregnant women because my feet and legs have been aching from all the walking and standing I've done the past 4 days at the trade show in Paris.
Stretch Marks? No, I still put on Shea butter after showering but that's more to relieve the itchiness than anything else because I've heard that you can't really prevent stretch marks, some people get them and others don't, I've been fortunate thus far :)
Sleep? Surprisingly I've been sleeping really well in Paris, in fact, it's the best sleep I've had throughout my entire pregnancy. I think it's because I'm so exhausted when I get back to the flat that nothing could possibly interrupt my slumber, not even a full bladder and strengthening karate kicks! Josh keeps saying I'm overdoing it, which is why I'm working from the flat today, but the sleep has been very much appreciated and something tells me I will look back at this with fond and distant memories in 5 weeks time.
Best Moment this Week? Sleeping and being able to say only a few more weeks to go!
Worst Moment this Week?  Let's just say the panic has set in. I thought I might have my first nervous breakdown 2 nights ago when I suddenly thought, technically the baby is full term in 2 weeks, which means I could have an infant in less than 14 days. And when we get back from Paris that means I could have an infant in less than 7 days. I then thought, SHIT! I am so unprepared, not only are we waiting for the crib and cloth nappies to arrive, but I haven't laundered his clothes, purchased my nursing bras/tops, painted the changing table, prepared future dinners, organised the massive heap of baby items that have accumulated in his temporary room, set up the baby monitor, bought thank you cards, and the list goes on. Never mind all the work I still have piled on my desk to complete before I start my maternity leave on February 1st. On top of it all, I don't actually know what I'll do when I bring this bundle of joy (or poo and vomit depending on how you look at it) home with us, and without my personal network of friends and family at my will and call I might just explode! Let's just say that Josh's sister might be getting a few demanding phone calls in the weeks ahead and don't get me started on the actual process of going into labour, which I have purposefully not prepared for, because I thought knowing too much would make me panic even more, but I digress. Now who wants to fly to England to help me get my shit organised?
Miss Anything? My sanity, but then I'm not really sure that you can miss something you never really had.
Movement? Yes, he's an active little boy, and he gets the hiccups everyday, which Josh and I both find hilarious. At this point I can actually feel body parts, although I'm not usually sure what part of the body it is.
Food Cravings?  Crepes. As you can see from the photo I finally satisfied this craving, once by myself and today with Jess and both experiences were divine :)
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? Thinking about labour ;)
Date and Weight Prediction? I think he'll weigh 8 pounds 5 ounces and be born on February 28th.
Labour signs? I'm almost positive I've been having one practise contraction a day, it's either that or Cyril drop-kicking his entire body into my stomach, but otherwise I'm not really sure what I should be looking for when it comes to labour signs, I just figure that when it's time I will know.
Symptoms?  Going to the bathroom constantly, which I hate even more now that I have to use the public restroom at the trade show and it doesn't help that someone pointed out to me that you shouldn't use the hand dryers in a public toilet because they just blow poo particles in your face, I'll never look at a hand dryer the same again!
Belly button in or out? Somehow it's still in, I guess it means the turkey isn't ready just yet.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy but I've had a few tears this week, mostly over the lack of crepes in my diet, haha.
Looking forward to: Getting organised when we get back to England and cuddling with my best friend, Hobson!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper