Surprise Baby Shower!


 SURPRISE, IT'S A BABY SHOWER!


Afternoon Tea, yummy!
The Farm










Decorating Cyril's Onesie
Cutting the Cake






 On January 4th, Jessica, Marilyn, and Sally threw me an amazing surprise baby shower, well it would have been a complete surprise had my father not ruined it 2 days before the event ;) I phoned home to see how their Christmas was with my brother and during the conversation my father said how he received the invitations for my shower and they looked beautiful and hand painted. My response was, what shower, I'm not having a baby shower, we're just having a spa day? He carried on by saying, well I don't know we got an invitation for something and it says baby shower at the top. I responded with, well maybe they're throwing me a surprise baby shower next weekend, all the while Josh was biting his tongue and wanting to ring my father's neck for not getting the hint! Eventually he must have realised that he just revealed a surprise because he dropped the phone and ran to get my mother, I could hear a somewhat muddled argument in the background at which point my mom picked up the phone and told me that he didn't know what he was talking about and that the invitation was just for the spa day. Unfortunately, I'm not a complete idiot and the damage was done. I still blame my mom for not drilling it into my father's head that it was a surprise, he is a guy after all, they just don't understand these things.
Cake designed using the hand painted invitations
Despite the fact that the shower was revealed I still had an amazing day and I'll share everything I can remember.

The weekend began with a spa retreat for Josh and I. We drove down after work on Friday, checked into the Penthouse Suite at the Ribbie Hall Spa Hotel and put on our Sunday best for our 3 course meal at the restaurant. Prior to our lovely meal we had a glass of rose bubbly in the champagne bar. I had approximately 4 sips of mine before I started to feel really weird and needed to eat immediately, I gave the rest to Josh and ordered a Cinderella, non-alcoholic cocktail.

The following morning I was booked in for a spa day retreat, so Josh left the hotel to watch football with the boys. My treatment began with a spa pedicure, followed by a mummy-to-be facial, and then a spa manicure. I was then instructed by Jess to shower and put on something cute to wear for our "Afternoon Tea". Fortunately, I knew what was coming and had come prepared with a new dress, make-up, and my special brush for when I style my hair, which is never. I also packed my camera. Of course I still acted like nothing was afoot and pretended as if we were just going down for a casual bite to eat.
When I walked into the Brasserie I was very excited and overwhelmed by all the people who attended to celebrate baby Cyril. It was decorated so beautifully and they even had several games to play. One involved matching the adult animal name with its baby's, the other was matching celebrities with their baby names, which I failed miserably because I hardly know any celebrities never mind what their children are called, and the last one was for me to guess Josh's answers on a bunch of baby and birth preparation questions.  I would have scored really high on the last one had Jess not forgotten Josh's answers at home and made up the answers on the spot! She also did not tell anyone she did this until after the fact which caused many of us to laugh at Josh's expense over how many nappy changes he thought a baby would go through. Apparently he answered correctly when he said 10 or more a day but Jess said that he only thought a baby would have 4 a day!

Gifts for Cyril
Anyway, I don't want to bore you to death with this novel so as you can see from the photos it was a farm themed shower with a bit of surf thrown in for good measure!


Contents of the Goody Bags

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper