39 Weeks



How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss? 33 pounds, yikes! I'm not entirely surprised considering I downed an entire bag of cadbury mini eggs today without realising. I thought Josh helped me eat them but he said he didn't have a single one, which means I had 450 calories worth of chocolate for lunch! My lack of cravings in the first 36 weeks of pregnancy have been quickly made up these past couple weeks with the amount of chocolate I've been consuming, especially cadbury creme eggs!
Maternity clothes? Yes but these days, as you can see from this photo, I just lounge around in stretch pants, my longest and most stretchy maternity shirt I own and no bra, pretty attractive right? However, as you can also see from my overstretched shirt I decided it was a good idea to put a bra on for the photo :) I now find my maternity jeans completely uncomfortable and half of my other maternity shirts, that fit a few weeks ago, no longer cover the bump! Fortunately, I bought a couple early on in my pregnancy that go over your bum and I love them!
Stretch Marks? No, praying that my body holds out another week, it would just be downright cruel if they appeared the last couple days.
Sleep? I get up 3-4 times to go to the bathroom and if I'm lucky I can fall right back asleep. If I can't fall asleep I go into the spare bedroom, where I'll be co-sleeping with Cyril when he's born, so that I don't keep Josh awake. Last night I slept like a rock though, and despite my excellent sleep I was exhausted during the day and even squeezed in an hour nap. I thought I was supposed to get a surge of energy with a  nesting instinct this week? I feel like the opposite is happening, all I want to do is lounge around, fortunately Hobson keeps me active for part of the day.
Best Moment this Week? Finishing the nursery, minus the crib which is due to arrive the beginning of April. There's no rush on the crib getting here though because Cyril will be sleeping next to me for the first 6 months in this adorable Snuzpod, complete with an organic mattress and bedding. I plan to take some nursery photos this weekend to share on the blog, I can't believe how it has all come together and even though we're temporarily in a rental, and didn't coordinate anything to match the wall and carpet colour, everything just seems to go together beautifully :)
Josh and I also had what was probably our last romantic meal out for a while on Friday. We've been getting takeaway lately because I find it so uncomfortable to sit upright for an extended period of time but I made an exception on Friday, and I'm glad I did. The food was incredible and I finished off my meal with a salted caramel cheesecake, delish! We went to the Circle Bar after a friend suggested it to me from Pilates class, we'll definitely go back in the future.
Worst Moment this Week?  I can't really think of anything that stands out, I'm taking it easy until the baby arrives so it's been a pretty relaxing week.
Miss Anything? I can just about taste the red wine that I've been ageing since Laura Fagundes brought it to me last May. This California Pinot Noir has been staring at me for nearly a year, I can hardly contain myself!
Movement? Yes, he enjoys putting his feet beneath my rib cage, not very comfortable at all!
Food Cravings?  Cadbury creme eggs and mini eggs, although I don't demand Josh to run to the shop to buy them instead I just throw a bag or 5 in the shopping trolley when he's not looking.
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? No although I've been a bit nauseous after eating this weekend but that could be down to the shear quantity of food I'm packing in.
Date and Weight Prediction? I don't think he'll arrive much past my due date and I don't think he'll weigh over 8 pounds. I know my belly is large, but I've seen a lot of women with much bigger bellies and they had small babies so we'll just have to wait and see. Every night I go to bed I think, will he come tonight? Most likely he'll be a couple days late so I'll stick to March 4th with a total weight of 8 pounds.
Labour signs? Last night I had more painful cramps that came and went, but when I started to tell Josh he just told me not to say anything until I was sure we needed to go to the hospital, the last time I told him about the details he didn't sleep a wink so it's probably best for the sanity of our household if I hold out until things get pretty painful and are progressing!
Symptoms?  I have a horrendous stuffy nose, especially at night and of course I go to the bathroom approximately 20 times a day.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy
Looking forward to: Taking it easy, getting my haircut, and of course meeting our little boy who will no doubt add a whole new dynamic to our crazy little family :) We already picked out a pack for Josh to carry him in on Saturday so that we can start taking him on hikes as soon as he can hold his head up! Check it out, Osprey

Chalkboard idea and pregnancy questions came from littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper