You're a Wonderful Mother

I was sitting on the picnic blanket at the farm with Cyril and my mother enjoying a BBC favourite of mine, the River Ale IPA. My mother had an ice cold glass of wine, she likes her wine extremely chilled. I looked over at Cyril as he started to fuss and noticed a sliver of sunshine in his eyes. I scooped him up saying "Is that sunny sunshine in your eyes?" and placed him next to me on the blanket and he stopped crying. That's when my mother said the words that every new mom wants to hear at least once, "You know, you really are a wonderful mother, you're so attentive to his needs." I chuckled a little to myself but only because as she said this I was probably on my second or third glass of beer so it seemed an odd time to be told I was a wonderful mother but I was proud of her comment nonetheless.

Motherhood has been an interesting journey for me to say the least, full of the highest highs and the lowest lows, but every mom, especially first time moms, need to be told from time to time that they're doing a wonderful job. It was nice to know that all of my hard work is being seen in other people besides Josh, who pretty much tells me on a daily basis that I'm a wonderful mother. It felt nice to have someone else notice.

So if you know a new mom out there, or even an old mom, tell her today that she's wonderful and she might just leave your presence walking amongst the clouds as I did 2 days ago.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper