Crustless Quiches and Other News


I made these yesterday morning for Cyril to see if I could persuade him to eat eggs. I knew I didn't have time to make crust so I decided to grease the muffin tin and pop these bad boys in. They were super easy to make, josh and I thought they were yummy but Cyril didn't buy my eggs in disguise and quickly threw his on the ground, haha!

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 handful of cheese I used a mixture of cheddar and Parmesan
Butter
Whatever veg needs using up. We used 1/4 of a red pepper and 1 tiny red onion.

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F or 180C
Sauté veg in butter until soft over medium heat.
Whisk all ingredients together including veg.
Butter your muffin tray.
Pour mixture in.
Cook for 20-25 mins.
Enjoy!


In other news Cyril is finally showing one pearly white. I do see about 6 more teeth that are ready to breakthrough the gums, poor boy.  However, lucky for all of us, there are no complaints from him, fingers crossed.



In slightly sad news for me I think Cyril and I have had our last cuddle with his bottle :( for the past month he's been taking 1 ounce maximum at bedtime, after his first tooth emerged I decided that since he wasn't that bothered about having a bedtime bottle I should try to cut it out to decrease his chances of getting tooth decay since he brushes his teeth (tooth) after supper but not after his bedtime bottle. Last night was the first time I put him in his crib without milk and he only let out one tiny wimper as I left the room but he does that even with a bottle so it was a success.

Babies, and adults really, need 16 ounces of milk a day or the equivalent in dairy products so he's not done drinking milk by any means! I offer him milk and water at breakfast, lunch and supper and since I'm about as neurotic as they come I keep a mental tally in my head to make sure he gets close to the recommendation. If he's low on milk, I add yogurt, cheese or milk to his food and snacks throughout the day.

I read an article on tooth decay in a free magazine I get from his Tumble Tots class. It said the reason so many children suffer from tooth decay is due in part to poor dental hygiene but more often than not it stems from snacking on sugary foods and drink All. Day. Long. Teeth need an hour after eating to restore the enamel so if kids are constantly snacking they don't get a chance to fight back at the sugar. It also said that one of the worst sugary snacks is dried fruit as it's just concentrated sugar, time to cut back on those California raisins he loves so much, whoops. The best dessert/pudding is a cheese plate because cheese is alkaline so it helps to balance out the acidity of your food.

And just for fun Cyril woke up early this morning so we built a fort and played cats and dogs in it. It's a rainy, windy and cold day here in Lytham so I was racking my brain for things to keep Cyril occupied this morning when I spotted the blanket on the floor and got to work. He absolutely loved crawling through all the tunnels I made. We both did a little yoga, I hurt my neck because I didn't warm up, and now he's sound asleep cuddling with rabby :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!