Paleo Blueberry Muffins




Cyril is obsessed with blueberries, I mean he has an infatuation with these tiny morsels of love as I call them. This is great because they're so healthy, however it's not so great for the wallet, particularly when you only buy organic and they're out of season. I once bought him a 4 ounce punnet that cost $7.00 and he devoured them in one sitting.

However, as all moms, I'm a sucker for my baby so when he spotted them yesterday at the grocery store I succumbed to his request, what choice did I have he was pointing and shouting at them, and bought two 8 ounce punnets since I knew they'd both be gone within 24 hours. The first punnet was eaten at dinner but I woke up early and used the second box to make these yummy paleo blueberry muffins. We're not a gluten free family but I love cooking with coconut flour. I more or less created this recipe and I'm really bad at measuring so everything, apart from the eggs, is an approximation. Basically just add liquid and flour until the mixture resembles blueberry muffin batter but slightly less runny if that makes any sense?

Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe

3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3-1/2 cup full fat milk
A generous dallop of maple syrup
1/4-1/3 cup coconut oil melted
5 eggs
2 dates
1 cup blueberries
zest of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit 

I tossed everything apart from the blueberries in our kitchen aid mixer and cranked it up to high, Cyril was starving at this point so I didn't have much choice but to work quickly. I then folded in the blueberries, rubbed some coconut oil in the muffin tins and scooped the batter evenly between 12 muffins. (Coconut flour behaves very differently than regular flour so the batter was more chunky then you would find with regular blueberry muffins.) I checked them after 15 minutes and they were ready, thank god. 




Cyril loved them but the funniest part was that he refused to eat any chunk that had a blueberry in it, weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper