One Sentence Journal


In January I started a one sentence journal for Cyril. I've never been much of a writer, as you can no doubt tell from my sporadic blog posts that are only written when I feel a sense of urgency to get an idea in my head down on paper before it's forever lost in Tatiana world. The idea of keeping a daily journal, where I painstakingly document what I've done, thought or felt has absolutely no appeal to me. However, a one sentence journal where I simply write the most memorable experience with Cyril is definitely doable as it takes me only about 30 seconds. Some days I forget or don't feel like doing it so I just leave it until tomorrow when I might be more up to it.  This will no doubt be boring to the majority of you but since I have so many friends and family that don't get to see him on a day to day or even a month to month or year to year basis I write this for you. So without further adieu ...

April 29th
Hobo is on a diet, poor guy seems starving, I snuck him a bone and tiny bite of my toast tonight. I caught him eating Cyril's bread today but he was so hungry he just looked at me and continued to chow down, I couldn't help but laugh.

Cyril walked over and gave me a kiss today when I was playing with him, it was adorable. He also cuddled and kissed the teddy at Pyjama Drama. He stole 3 biscuits (cookies) out of another baby's mouth and ate them, when I told him no on his 4th attempt he scratched my face.

April 30th
Starting my Hands Free Mama approach as well as adopting minimalist ideas. Feel a surge of energy at the thought of less clutter, anxious to get started but going to attempt it slowly by doing the 30 day minimalist challenge for May.

Cyril is getting very clingy towards me which is a first. It's so cute but I'm sure I'll find it irritating in the future, hopefully not.

May 8th
Cyril held Hobo's lead while in the Ergo on our walk today. He's also started doing the highest pitch scream with his mouth open and then we both burst into fits of laughter, need to get it on video!

May 12th
Cyril grabbed Dada's head while on his shoulder to check that it was still him.

In the ergo I found Cyril's tickle spot on his belly, he would wail with laughter and wrap his arms and legs around my back.

May 13th
Alex's due date was yesterday, 1 cm dilated, come on Baby C!

Today at painting the teacher used rice krispies for their sensory appeal, Cyril and Hettie ate to their heart's content while the other children poured them in the funnel as they were supposed to do. The teacher then poured paint on them, Cyril ate them with the paint and screamed the rest of the class, Hettie just kept eating the paint as if it was no big deal.

May 25th
Cyril rubbing rabby against my nose at bed time. He fell asleep on my shoulder during nap time. Very clingy and fussy today.

May 26th
I think Cyril's teeth are bothering him so our day started at 530 am with crying and it continued until I let him sleep on my chest for 3 hours in the afternoon. I wasn't expecting it so had no tea, phone or the TV and actually it ended up being my favourite part of the day. His head on my shoulder, peacefully sleeping away without a worry in the world.

May 31st
Temper tantrum because I broke his orange into segments. Screamed to the point of near vomiting for 30 minutes.

June 2nd
I had a passport interview this morning so Josh stayed home with Cyril. Around 9 am Cyril went into his bedroom, Josh followed then Cyril started pointing at his sound machine. Josh took the hint and put him down for his nap.

Cyril said another new word "nigh nigh" for night night. I told him to go say night night to dada and out of the blue he walked over and said "nigh nigh" and gave him a hug and kiss.

June 3rd
This morning Cyril had another meltdown at the breakfast table. Eventually his crying got the better of me so I put him down on the ground before I lost it and walked away. He continued to cry chasing after me. When I finally got upstairs I shouted "Every Fucking Morning!!" He crawled as quickly as he could upstairs, all the while crying, when he reached the top he ran into my bedroom where I was getting dressed and with eyes full of tears he gave me a huge hug. I said I was sorry and the mother son battle was officially over.

I was giving Cyril a bottle before his nap. After he finished he sat on my lap looking at me so I put my nose to his and said, "I love you." Immediately afterwards he gave me a hug and rested his head on my shoulder so I said it again and he did the exact same thing. I did it 3 more times just to see if it was a coincidence but each time after repeating I love you he did the exact same action. Then I put him in his crib and went to make a cup of tea and sit in the sunshine.

June 4th
Beautiful weather in cumbria today. We took full advantage by taking Hobson on a long walk around the countryside, going swimming, having a picnic at the park and then going on a bike ride with dada. We stopped at a pub, sat in their beer garden, had a cider or two and watched as Cyril ran around the garden collecting rocks and watching the older children on the playground. And who doesn't love this face which was taken yesterday during his meal. He was very proud to be given the entire hamburger, bowl of beans, cup of french fries, ketchup, and salad without it being cut into pieces. He sat there eating for nearly 30 minutes and loved his first bite of strawberry ice cream!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!