A Minimalist Packing List for Mummy and Baby



Cyril and I are off jetsetting again next month and because I rarely do anything last minute I've created my first minimalist packing list. We'll be visiting friends and family in America and will be home for nearly 6 weeks. We'll have a trip to NYC to see my older brother, his wife, and Josh's hetero life mate Al, while my mom babysits Cyril, and my mom and I will be taking another flight to visit my younger brother Matthew and his family across the country in Olympia. I'll also be travelling to New Hampshire to visit my best friend and her latest addition to the family. Other than those trips we'll be staying put on the farm in Massachusetts for some much needed R&R. In October I'll come back and report on whether or not I had enough items or if I could pare the list down even further.

I decided to go with a table format so I can add a check mark on my computer as I pack the items. Also, when we go on a shorter trip to Portugal in December I can easily add or omit items to the list.

Packing List

CYRIL



Nappies 6 cloth

Toothbrush

Reusable swim nappy

Sleeping Bag

Rabby/Taggy

Vest- Short/long sleeve 4

T-shirts/long sleeve 2 each

Shorts/pants/onesies 2 each

Socks 2 pairs

Shoes/sandals 1 pair

1 Jacket/sweater

Sun Hat

Car seat


















MAMA


1 nice dress

1 pair of pants

1 Sweater/sweatshirt/cardigan

1 Short sleeve

1 Long sleeve

1 Tank Top

1 workout outfit

1 Bra and 3 pairs of underwear

Chocó’s and Rainbows

Rain Jacket

Bathing suit

Phone charger with headphones

Camera

Toothbrush and charger

Outlet adapter

Sunglasses

Hat

Menstrual cup

Prescription

1 pair of pyjamas

1 pair of merino wool socks

1 razor

CARRY ON


Nappies x 6

Wipes and nappy cream

Snacks, spoon and fork

One outfit change

two bibs and muslins

Rabby

Ergo

Toys, one book, one teething toy, one container with removable lid

Lotion/sanitizer/chapstick

Klean Kanteen

Travel documents/passports/insurance/money

Cell phone

Pen and paper



And that's it. I've decided that our carry on will mostly be full of Cyril's food and I've already created the menu. I'm a little neurotic when it comes to what we put in our bodies and I'm afraid I'll get to the airport and feel there is nothing suitable for us to eat so I'm going to pack all of our meals. I also hate plane food so never eat the meal but I'm assuming they'll at least be serving a bread roll so have allowed that as part of Cyril's dinner. It's a long-haul flight so I need to allow enough food for a full 24 hour period and then a little bit extra because Cyril is a big eater. 


Our Menu:

Breakfast: Yogurt pouch, banana, scone or croissant
Snack: Granola bar, blueberries, smoothie in pouch
Lunch: Veggie pouch or meal by Ella's Kitchen, Banana, peanut butter, coconut and honey sandwich, milk, clementine, granola bar
Snack: Oatcake with peanut butter, banana, milk
Supper: Yogurt pouch, milk, bread roll, baybel and any food that was not eaten earlier in the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper