Weekend Reads and Spending Progress



First, I just want to say thank you to everyone who commented and sent me emails regarding my year long shopping ban. I realise it came as a shock for some people and I had some mixed comments. However, I'm prepared to persevere and was happy to have a couple people decide to join me on my journey this year. Please don't worry about my mental health I've never felt as happy as I do right now in my life. Also, if you really know me, and I mean really then you know this decision is in no way out of character for me, in fact as Josh would say, "She's acting perfectly normal."

Weekend Reading: 

Here are some blogs I have read and loved this week, so grab yourself a cold beer, glass of wine, or coffee and enjoy!


The Loss of Life Beneath Your Skin and How to Revive it by Hands Free Mama

Elevate the Important by Joshua Becker from his blog Becoming Minimalist

Why You Can't Measure Self Worth by Net Worth by: Courtney Carver from her blog be more with less

Nonconformity is Key by: Sam Lustgarten from his blog Frugaling.org

Spending Progress:

I've stuck to my shopping ban this week. The only thing I bought aside from groceries was a birthday present for my niece and sister-in-law, and since they're gifts I didn't break any rules.

Budget Tip of the Week: 

Each week I set a £100 budget for groceries and miscellaneous spending. I take the money out of the ATM and once it's gone it's gone and we have to wait until the following Friday to get more groceries. I find it easier to keep track of what I've spent this way. I used to set a weekly food budget but would inevitably go over because I didn't keep track of the money each time I swiped my card. Now that I take out cash I can actually see how much money is left which allows me to spend more wisely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper