Quick Bump Update



Just a quick 16 week update because the sun is shining over here and in England you must take advantage of every sunny moment you get!

On Saturday I had a lovely day at the spa while Josh took the boys for a hike. Unfortunately, we were unaware of how sick Cyril was when we set off. The hike was going really well until Josh turned around. At which point Cyril's fever must have kicked in because he screamed the entire one hour hike back to the car on Josh's back, nothing would calm him down. I was of course oblivious to all of this as I sipped my tiny glass of champagne next to a fire in the Wordsworth Hotel and Spa. I met the boys at Tweedies, one of our favourite pubs, as Josh finished his pint and then we made the journey home. By the time we got to our house Cyril was boiling and refused to be separated from me. I had to carry him everywhere I went until we finally settled him to bed. I should probably count my blessings as this is Cyril's first cold/illness this winter but that didn't make it any easier when I was up with him at night. He was too cute when I went into his room each time he cried though. He would put his doggy in one hand, his rabbie in the other and then reach both hands up to me and say "up" I would then pick him up and we'd cuddle in the nursing chair until he fell asleep. We repeated this several times both Saturday and Sunday night and I'm pretty tired today!

He's been very clingy towards me this week, I'm not sure if it's his illness or starting nursery or a combination of the two. Either way it is cute but exhausting and the bump isn't going to allow much more of this all day carrying.

Now on to the bump ...

Total weight gain/loss? 4.8 pounds, right on target I think. I'm exercising more this pregnancy than the last, as I was too paranoid with Cyril to do anything. This time around I'm still rock climbing, cycling, running occasionally, and doing my pregnancy videos. I just try to get in a little exercise each day in addition to our daily walks with Hobson.
Maternity clothes? Yes. 
Sleep? See paragraph above!
Best Moments this Week? Definitely my day at the spa.
Worst moment this week? Having a sick toddler.
Miss Anything? Being able to do more difficult problems on the climbing wall but surprisingly I came 12th in their competition so I can't be doing that badly!
Movement? Yes but it's still early so I don't really feel anything unless I'm in bed and even then it's pretty minimal.
Food Cravings? Fruit and juice.
Anything Make you Queasy or Sick? Still no fish and chips, BBQ, or pulled pork for me.
Gender Prediction? I want to say girl, but then I'm so set on it being a girl that I've already started adding girly things to my registry which makes me think it'll probably end up being a boy! Either way we find out in a month and I cannot wait. I'll be happy either way of course I used to only want boys but now that my grocery bill has doubled I'm beginning to think a girl might not be such a bad thing.
Symptoms? I'm just thirsty and tired all the time and my pelvis starts to bother me if I carry Cyril too much.
Belly button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy
Looking forward to: Cyril feeling better so I can get some sleep. No big plans this weekend, Josh is away Thursday night with work, Friday with lacrosse and then won't return until late on Saturday after his game so I think it'll be a pretty uneventful weekend, just praying Cyril's separation anxiety is better so I don't have to carry him everywhere!


Chalkboards getting less and less artistic. Might need to do monthly instead of weekly updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper