Sopers Playing Hard

Gotta love Hobo in the background.

This weekend was completely unplanned and ended up being one of the best we've had this year. I didn't have my phone on me for the majority of it but I did manage to snap a few pics before it came crashing to an end Monday night with a very sick husband.



Friday was spent in our normal fashion, rock climbing at Eden Rock followed by a pint and caffe frappe in the sunshine before we had to pick Cyril up from nursery. Cyril went straight to bed while we sat outside devouring our supper, a rack of ribs and a dozen BBQ chicken wings, it truly was a meat feast. When the sun finally went behind the houses at 830pm, gotta love British Summer Time, we retired to the living room to watch a film.


Saturday we spent the morning cooking breakfast, playing in the garden, and completing some household chores. Before we knew it Cyril was ready for his nap so we decided to rest hard in the sunshine. Even Hobo couldn't get enough of the gorgeous weather. When everyone woke up from their nap we rode our bikes to the local pub, ate pizza, drank beer and sparkling orange and played on the treacherous playground in their beer garden. It's one of our favourite places to visit when the sun is shining. After Cyril went to bed we sat out front where I knit baby girl's dress and josh played the guitar then at 9pm it was movie time.




Sunday was spent swimming at the Lazonby pool and relaxing in the sunshine, sorry no pics but I do have this cute one of Cyril eating above. He had only just finished breakfast and we had been walking for all of 10 minutes before he climbed onto the bench looked at me and said, "lunch now." Reminds me of a story Granny Bron tells about Josh and his grandpa.



On Monday we took a hike, I actually had my phone with me and managed to snap a few gems. When the weather is nice in Cumbria all I can think is, "Wow, I actually live here." All Hobo can think is "I want to eat that sheep's leg and then have it's poo for dessert."

What you can't see in the photo above is Hobo shaking water all over Josh.
Well hello there.
Josh and Hobo sprinting up the mountain.
Never stops eating.

The weekend was wrapped up by my pregnancy yoga class and Josh suffering from a fever. We played hard all weekend, loved every minute of the sunshine and I woke up this morning feeling rather sad that it was over. Three day weekends with Dada are the best, even Cyril wondered where he was this morning, "Dada, pee the bed?" No dada didn't pee the bed and dada's at work. I don't know where Cyril got this from but he asks me it every time I get him from his crib in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper