Cyril Update


I was about to walk Hobson but it started to chuck it down with rain. Since I have a few minutes I'll give an update on our little lamb while I drink my coffee. 

At 28 months and 28 pounds Cyril Tuolumne Soper loves deeply. Not only is he obsessed with all of his stuffed animals but they regularly get kissed, hugged, undressed and then redressed and carried around the house. His favourite is definitely Rabbie and now other Rabbie who he discovered on the washing line. They get fed, bathed and tormented a bit because he likes it when I say "Awww, poor Rabbie!"

He plays hard. Yesterday I walked in after his nap to find him practicing forward rolls in his crib. He had his head on the pillow and his feet on the footboard of his crib moving upwards to try to get the momentum he needed to push himself over.

He's an amazing sleeper and has been since about 8 weeks. I only know this because I sometimes go back and read my old blogs and was a little shocked when I read he was sleeping in 8 hour stretches at 8 weeks old.  I don't think he had any sleep regressions and although we sometimes have to go in at night when he's sick and needs a cuddle, this is definitely the exception not the rule. He regularly sleeps for 12-14 hours a night and has one 2-3 hour nap during the day. This nap could finish at 530pm and it would have no effect on him going to bed at 7. A lot of this I boil down to his activity levels being so high. He rolled over at 3 weeks, could sit up with his hands on the ground at 4 months, crawled at 6 and although he was on the later side of walking at 13.5 months he only toddled for a week before he started running everywhere.

He's very gentle. When we go to playgroups and other children pull or hit him he just kind of looks at them like, "What's your problem?" and then usually bursts out laughing. Everyone comments on how calm and laid back he is but the second I bring him home, and he wants a snack, I wish I had my video camera because he becomes a little demon.

To go with the point above he never stops eating. He'll pretty much try anything. He doesn't really have a favourite food but he doesn't like potatoes, french fries unless they're sweet potatoes, fish fingers and anything that's breaded or fried for that matter, lettuce, and eggs.

I hate it when he gets frustrated, that's when my patience and mindfulness really get tested. Usually he is frustrated because a toy won't work how he wants it to or he knows how to do something but doesn't have the strength or fine motor skills to do it and then we have a meltdown and the toy usually gets thrown.

He's left handed, obsessed with tractors, lawnmowers, animals and nature. He always wants cuddles from mama and uses this as leverage to get whatever he wants because I can't resist that little head resting on my shoulder. He loves to listen to stories, feed hobson, vacuum the house, sweep outside, build towers and trains tracks with dada, make us fried crisps in his kitchen and play in the water.

He can dive to the bottom of the pool to retrieve a dive stick, is obsessed with diving off the edge and jumping into the water and can swim 5-10 feet underwater all by himself with no floats on. This is all thanks to his swimming class and amazing teacher Karen. He's been attending classes since he was 7 weeks old and I'd highly recommend baby swimming to anyone considering it.

He's a mama's boy, and although his cuddles aren't as frequent when it comes to Dada they are extra big and special when they do happen and he gets extremely excited when he sees Dada's truck coming down the driveway, the smile is too cute to handle.

Favourite sayings:

"Bapa in Merica." (Grandpa in America)
"Maah Maah in Leethum" (Mar Mar (aka grandma) in Lytham)
"OK, that's nuf now, no more." (Usually in response to me telling him he's had enough jam out of the jar.)
"Tactah cut graaaas." (Tractor cutting the grass.)
"Go nerfery." (Go to nursery)
"Want ahbahbah." (Want granola bar.)
"Cheese please."
"Bottum bit red."

And last but not least, he's obsessed with my breasts. "These are my breasts."

Cyril Tuolumne, you're the love of our lives and although there are days (yesterday for example) when I just want to be left alone, I know this time is fleeting and it won't be long before you're running off to school and won't need your mama and dada cuddles anymore. May you always be as laid back, sweet and crazy as you are right now and I hope we share the incredible bond we have now for the rest of our lives.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper