Harrogate: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

What an amazing night away we had in Harrogate and a huge shoutout to AuntyJessica  and Uncke Nick for taking care of our little peanut!


Without complaining too much, yesterday happened to be the worst day of my pregnancy thus far. My heartburn was so bad on our drive that Josh nearly had to pull over twice so I could be sick. When we finally arrived at our gorgeous hotel in sunny Yorkshire I could barely walk. PGP was in full swing and I had shooting pain down one leg like sciatica, I regretted not bringing my ace bandage but was relieved I wore sensible shoes. I didn't let it get the best of me however, just tried to do a few hip exercises and we were soon off exploring, at Granny B's pace, with a full pregnancy waddle.

We stumbled upon a hidden cobbled street and were very fortunate to find a seat at a lovely bar/restaurant in the sunshine. Yay for yummy mocktails!


Another bonus was the gelato across the street, arguably the best gelato I've ever tasted which is impressive considering I've been to Italy.


We also found a gem of a vintage store and couldn't resist trying a couple items on. Sadly I couldn't afford this Christian Dior velvet dress priced at £2,995.


Josh could afford this wolf sweatshirt and leather vest but resisted the urge.



We had one hell of a meal at Orchid, a Michelin star Asian fusion restaurant, which is a must if you're ever in Harrogate, and then went back to town to watch live music at The Blues Bar. The band was incredible and one very kind older woman offered me her seat which I only took because I had shooting pain down one leg.


All was well and I was sleeping beautifully until I heard a woman next door vomitting and then only moments later we were awakened to her moaning as she had sex for over an hour 😱😳, I think the hotel needs better soundproofing!

Lastly, no trip to Harrogate would be complete without a stop at Betty's famous tea shop. Unfortunately the pink piggy cake we bought Cyril was consumed before I got a photo but I'll leave you with this luxurious silver tea pot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Bad Ass Baby Soper

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!