You Know It's Your Second Pregnancy When ...



You know it's your second pregnancy when ...


  1. Your hospital bag still isn't completely packed at 39 weeks and instead of being neatly tucked into the the backseat of the truck it's upstairs with half it's contents spilling all over the drawer that's trying desperately to contain it.
  2. You've only just written your birth plan because you thought it might be a good idea to jot down a few things. I had 3 typed copies of Cyril's detailed birth plan in the hospital bag at 34 weeks.
  3. You bought the isofix base for your carseat on Wednesday and installed it yesterday. Cyril's was in the car from 32 weeks.
  4. You had half a pint of Guinness on Thursday  and didn't think twice about it just enjoyed every glorious sip.
  5. You rock climbed until 29 weeks, instead of stopping at 12, and were disappointed when your husband told you it was time to take it easy and stop climbing.

Mini pregnancy update ...

After Josh took this photo I exclaimed, "Holy shit I'm massive, hadn't realised how big I'd gotten."

I haven't weighed myself this week and am honestly too tired to even bend over to turn the damn scale on. 

It's officially a pain in the ass/bladder to bend over to tie my shoes, pick up toys and when I drop something it kinda feels like the world is ending. "Fuck fuck fuck is what I repeat in my head."

I'm beyond clumsy, if I'm not knocking children over with my bump I'm dropping stuff at the grocery store, spilling all kinds of beverages and food down my front without even realising it, and tripping over nothing.

Sitting has become exhausting, never mind walking, and nursery afternoons are usually spent in the bath or having a nap instead of hiking up mountains with Hobson.

I take Cyril to soft play and just hope he can fend for himself in there because there is no way in hell I can crawl on all fours. On Friday my friend found him stuck in between some giant blocks but said he actually wasn't that upset about it, I sat and knit completely oblivious, whoops!

Cyril seems to know what's going on now and is pretty excited about baby. Last night in the bath he washed her with a cloth, to the point where my stomach was actually red raw and I had to tell him to stop. Then he shouted, "Come out now baby!" He often gives her cuddles and loves to sleep in her crib.

And that'll have to be all folks because the toddler is demanding a "NACK!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper