Hospital Bag Revisited



For the most part my hospital bag was spot on. However there were a few items I wished I brought and some that weren't really necessary.

What I needed/wanted:

* More drinks, in particular orange/apple juice 

* My comfortable loose pyjama bottoms instead of my lululemon leggings, too much bulk with the pad and since I needed stitches not very comfortable post delivery.

* Baby wipes. Seriously, how did I forget to pack these? Fortunately their was a lady in my ward that leant me hers.

* Ear plugs and an eye mask. The lady next to me snored and she didn't even wake up when the babies started crying!

* smaller baby grows. Sage was so tiny, the clothes I packed were massive.

* Slippers

* More fruit and trail mix. The toast post delivery just didn't cut it and I went through all of our snacks pretty quickly that night!

What I Didn't Need:

* An entire package of maxi pads. Actually I didn't really need any as the hospital supplied these but it saved me having to ring my bell everytime I needed to change it. 

* My knitting, as I suspected I just slept when Sage was sleeping.

* Make-up. Still not sure why I packed this as I don't wear make up at the best of times!

* Breast pads. My milk didn't come in until day 4 and colostrum doesn't leak.

The Cumberland Infirmary is still supplying formula to mothers. The lady next to me rang her buzzer every time she needed to feed her baby and the midwife would ask what formula she wanted so you don't need to bring the little bottles unless you want to.

As for my birth playlist it was great during the first stage of pregnancy but once I was 4cm+ I needed something meditative. I'd recommend downloading Snatam Kaur and her album Manfras for Divine Grace.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Months

Nearly Halfway There, Yikes!

Bad Ass Baby Soper